Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Reason Magazine

I'm putting a permanent link to Reason Magazine on the side of this blog, because it's such an interesting read, and no-one I know has heard of it.

It's a US magazine that covers a range of issues in society, politics, and economics, with a libertarian bent, and always in a well-written, well-argued, and interesting style. The authors are all independent, and you'll occasionally find differing perspectives of the same issue among them.

I used to read The Economist, a more well-known UK publication, every single week for more than two years, and still have all the issues I bought. It's a terrific magazine, or "newspaper" as they call it, with a similar ideological slant to Reason, but perhaps more appeal to authority. I stopped because I could no longer afford to buy it every week, and the amount of text in each issue was kind of overwhelming.

Anyway, both publications provide a valuable service: a set of well-written and well-argued opinions against which to test your own. I commend them both.

No comments: